How a Cochlear Implant Works, Source: Cochlear Ltd
While hearing aids can be helpful for most individuals, there are some who find limited benefits from acoustic amplification. The cochlear implant is an established treatment for severe to profound hearing loss as it bypasses the damaged structures of the inner ear and directly stimulates the auditory nerve.
“Cochlear Implants – How do they work?” by Cochlear
For children, early intervention is important to help them listen and access sounds for speech and language development. Rehabilitation and therapy will help the child make use of new sounds that the cochlear implants provide.
With our in-house hearing health facilities, we offer dedicated patient care through these services:
• Comprehensive implant candidacy assessment
• Selection of latest implants and accessories from all major implant companies (Cochlear, Advanced Bionics and Med-EL)
• Implant activation (Switch-on) and Mapping
• Auditory-Verbal Therapy, auditory rehabilitation and learning for children and adults
• Device maintenance and repairs