Advanced Endoscopic Surgical Procedures
Based on the concept of nasal endoscopy, where the doctor is able to view the nasal and sinus passages, advanced endoscopic removal procedures may be performed to deal with certain conditions. These may be performed together with other specialty surgeons for optimal results.
Advanced endoscopic procedures include:
- Surgery for benign tumours of the nose and sinuses
- Surgery for selected malignant tumours of the nose
- Endoscopic repair of CSF leaks and encephaloceles
- Endoscopic pituitary surgery – performed with neurosurgeons
- Endoscopic surgery for selected skull base tumours – performed with neurosurgeons
- Endoscopic removal of juvenile angiofibromas
- Endoscopic dachrocystorhinostomy – performed with oculopastic surgeons
- Endoscopic orbital decompressions – performed with oculopastic surgeons
- Endoscopic optic nerve decompression – performed with oculopastic surgeons
Learn more about common nose conditions in the Ask Our Doctors section.